Friday, October 14, 2011

Month One Pictures

It's officially been one month since I have been in Ethiopia and I thought what better way to commemorate this by posting up some pictures so the readers elsewhere can get a glimpse of what my life as been like.

This is Kalaala and it's where I am staying. As you can see, it's pretty much beautiful farmlands, fields, and mountians.


This is by far my favorate picture and because it was such a clear, sunny day, you can see the just how scenic this place can be.
 
Me and Ileah (my roomate and a fellow Southern student) with these two kids we found watching over their fields. Of course when you pull out a camera, they come running. Some children start working in the fields or attending to the animals as early as 3 or 4 years old. If they are fortunate, their parents will let them attend school.
For now, this is all I have time to post since the internet here is really slow and it takes me like 10 minutes to upload each picture but don't worry, there is more to come. Much more!

1 comment:

  1. And the reason it took me not-long to upload pictures and why it takes you a long time is because your pictures are about 98378x better quality than mine :-). Beautiful! pictures!
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete